"Bugger me"

I imagine that's what God uttered when he realised what he'd created in those 6 days. He might have wondered how much better it would have been had he worked for 7 days but don't be hard on the guy - he'd done real good. 

There hanging in God's attic was Earth -  a beautiful multicoloured third planet from the Sun and it was good! It just wasn't a feast for the eye it was alive: every nook and cranny was filled with self replicating organisms. God had his all seeing microscope and everywhere he saw microbes, viruses, a mass of just organic, living stuff. As he drew back he saw billions and billions of creatures swarming over that blue, white and sandy coloured globe and it wasn't what he'd commanded.

God said " Bugger me " again. "This is not what my Gant charts had been all about. Where are those creatures made in my own image?" And the Devil appeared in the form of Charles Darwin and smote God. "You set the whole thing going, but from now on I'm in charge." And as God watched the Devil in the detail worked away. Billions of years went by, but since God was out of time for him it was an instant. 

He arrived at the near end of time. He knew it was so because the Antichrist was wreaking havoc across the face of his creation, and he went by the name of Donald. "Shit" said God. "This is an unholy mess and no mistake. Nations are at each others throats, millions of my perfect, ultimate creations are slaughtered simply because they're different, because they're helpless, because some other perfection  in mine own image can slit their throats.

"Bugger me" said God. " I'm out of here. This has been one big disaster" God heads for a newly formed rocky planet light years away and draws up a new plan. "This time it'll stop with the pandas or I'll be buggered " he says.

Comments

Popular Posts