"And in the End....."



I will not write about Brexit, or about Trump, or about the state of our NHS, or the housing stock or social care or the frightening short termism of our financial investors, or the lack of investment in our infrastructure or how America is held up as the model we should follow with its huge economic inequalities, its fractured politics, its failing private health care and why it's going down the pan fast.

I will not write about any of the above because to think about them makes me mad and dispairing. Instead I will go to the theatre, go to the cinema, read classic novels, write poetry and hope that we're lucky enough to survive the next one hundred years and have the sense to rehabilitate ourselves and our planet.

I want to spend more time with my wife and our pets, my allotment and my friends and hopefully enjoy a few more years of learning how to live without fear, envy, malice or hate.

Quite a bucket list.....

Comments

Popular Posts