We should be in Dingle

 …but we’re not.


I’d checked the long range weather forecast before I st out on the cruise. Looked at conditions at sea over the 11 days and sure enough it looked ok. Well yesterday evening it all changed the seas were too rough and the Dingle authorities wouldn’t allow us anchor in their bay! We were to stay put in Bantry Bay which was sheltered and would sail the next day missing out Dingle Bay completely. 

Today, we had zodiac cruises around Bantry Bay,  a long walk or just sit on board relaxing. After lunch today we left our sheltered anchorage and leaded for the open sea.

I’d over enjoyed last night’s talk by our SETI expert and was chatting with him ‘til after midnight. I woke up this morning intending to do a Zodiac cruise, was too tired and heady, and cancelled the trip, fell asleep watching “Fantastic Voyage” and surfaced for lunch at 1 pm. 

Just been on deck by way of penance and nearly blown overboard because surprisingly it extremely windy. I had a non alcoholic lager with my lunch.

Was collared by three American ladies at lunch who knew each other from previous cruises. I just didn’t realise how many cruises some people do a year. I’ll have to up my game! 

Oh well tomorrow we’ll try another bay and hopefully manage to get ashore. Tonight will exciting people are already complaining about the discomfort of the choppy sea. 


Comments

Popular Posts